Human Brain:- The Hidden Secrets
Brain as we all know is a very important part of human body. It controls the body and gives us a feeling of being alive.The adult human brain weighs on average about 1.3–1.4 kg (2.9–3.1 lb), or about 2% of total body weight, with a volume of around 1130 cubic centimetres (cm3) in women and 1260 cm3 in men, although there is substantial individual variation. Neurological differences between the sexes have not been shown to correlate in any simple way with IQ or other measures of cognitive performance.
The human brain is composed of neurons, glial cells, and blood vessels. The number of neurons, according to array tomography, has been shown to be on average about 86 billion in the adult male human brain with a roughly equal number of non-neuronal cells. Out of these, 16 billion (or 19% of all brain neurons) are located in the cerebral cortex (including subcortical white matter), 69 billion (or 80% of all brain neurons) are in the cerebellum, and fewer than 1% of all brain neurons are located in the rest of the brain.
The cerebral hemispheres (the cerebrum) form the largest part of the human brain and are situated above other brain structures. They are covered with a cortical layer (the cerebral cortex) which has a convoluted topography. Underneath the cerebrum lies the brain stem, resembling a stalk on which the cerebrum is attached. At the rear of the brain, beneath the cerebrum and behind the brainstem, is the cerebellum, a structure with a horizontally furrowed surface, the cerebellar cortex, that makes it look different from any other brain area. The same structures are present in other mammals, although they vary considerably in relative size. As a rule, the smaller the cerebrum, the less convoluted the cortex. The cortex of a rat or mouse is almost perfectly smooth. The cortex of a dolphin or whale, on the other hand, is more convoluted than the cortex of a human.
The living brain is very soft, having a consistency similar to soft gelatin or soft tofu. Although referred to as grey matter, the live cortex is pinkish-beige in color and slightly off-white in the interior.
This is the structure but the main thing we focus is about the powers of brain which are possible. The baby is born with all this powers but as the life goes on we forget everything and so called every power.The Brain or Mind we call consists of two states:-Conscious and Subconscious. Here are a few amazing brain powers.
- Apportation - Materialization, disappearance or teleportation of an object.
- Aura reading - Perception of energy fields surrounding people, places and things.
- Automatic writing - Writing produced without conscious thought.
- Astral projection or mental projection - An out-of-body experience in which an astral body becomes separate from the physical body.
- Bilocation or multilocation - Being in multiple places at the same time.
- Clairvoyance or second sight - Perception outside the known human senses.
- Death-warning - A vision of a living person prior to his or her death.
- Divination - Gaining insight into a situation, most commonly through a ritual.
- Dowsing - Ability to locate objects, sometimes using a tool called a dowsing rod.
- Energy medicine - Healing by channeling a form of energy.
- Faith healing - Diagnosing or curing diseases using religious devotion.
- Levitation - Bodily levitation and flying.
- Mediumship or channeling - Communicating with spirits.
- Precognition, premonition and precognitive dreams - Perception of events before they happen.
- Psychic surgery - Removal of diseased body tissue via an incision that heals immediately afterwards.
- Psychokinesis or telekinesis - The ability to manipulate objects by the power of thought.
- Psychometry or psychoscopy - Obtaining information about a person or object, usually by touching or concentrating on the object or a related object.
- Pyrokinesis - Manipulation of fire.
- Remote viewing - Gathering of information at a distance.
- Retrocognition or post-cognition - Perception of past events.
- Scrying - Use of an item to view events at a distance or in the future.
- Telepathy - Transfer of thoughts, words or emotions in either direction.
This are a few and if you want to unlock the rest 90% of your brain, and be a superhero as as people call it!. You can use the meditation and get to know yourself better. Remember sometimes getting lost is finding yourself.
Keep Reading for more such posts.